Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Cool Blue Whip

Look. I fucked up. I know I did. When I first heard that Chain Whip had preorders up for their new record, Two Step To Hell, I ignored it. I don't know what my problem was. I assumed that I had plenty of time to pick up the colored vinyl, but I blinked and they was gone. I've been waiting for one to show up on Discogs so that I can pay a stupid price for it, but I keep coming up empty there as well. I may have to suck it up and just get the black vinyl pressing.
When I saw that Chain Whip put a few blue vinyl copies of their 2020 demo in their Bandcamp store, I wasn't going to make the same mistake and I quickly added one to my cart and checked out. I had no idea what songs were on here, but I wasn't fucking around anymore.
Chain Whip play a frantic style of punk with some ragged edges and this demo presents a more raw version of that. Three of these songs ended up on the Two Step To Hell 12 inch, but the other five only appear on this demo. I'm glad someone pressed this to vinyl.

No comments: