Sunday, October 10, 2021

Bare Breast Boogie '85

Sometimes I'll just head over to the Hells Headbangers distro and do a random search for bootlegs. Often times I'll come up empty, but occasionally I strike gold. Now, I wasn't really interested in collecting Motorhead live boots... hell, I can't even be bothered to buy some of thier official live records... but I remembered that when I'd picked up an Ozzy bootleg record that there were a number of inserts in there promoting a bunch of other records that the label had released. That Ozzy bootleg was a lot of fun, so I figured that I'd search Hells Headbangers to see if they had any of the other Rock Brigade boots. I came up empty on that front, but I did get a hit on something from Motorhead, and when I saw the Bare Breast Boogie album title, I decided to take a chance on it.
I didn't have high hopes on the quality of this recording. I'd checked a couple Youtube videos that had audio for this show and they were muddy as fuck, but I still ordered it just to have a record titled Bare Breast Boogie in my collection. Like I said, I'm not too excited over live Motorhead records, but surprisingly this thing is a blast. The sound is actually quite good for a bootleg, and Lemmy is a fiesty motherfucker throughout this show. Lem asks for the girls to show their tits before the band tear into the song Jailbait, and he calls the people in the mosh pit a bunch of assholes for not paying attention to the music as they dive into No Class. It was still nine months or so before the release of Orgasmatron, but Motorhead still included three songs from that record in this set which must have been a real treat for the kids at the show. This whole set is just a lot of fun and I'm glad that I grabbed this record.
I'm not really sure what is going on here on the back cover, but it is a nice reminder to wear your mask to help prevent the spread the of COVID-19 and it's variants.
Let's hear it for those motorboobs.

No comments: