Saturday, October 02, 2021

Broken Man

Sometimes I'll find myself shopping on Discogs and I'm not sure what happens but all logical thinking short circuits. Wires get crossed in my brain and for some reason I'll imagine that I have this unlimited storage space for records. Suddenly I'm buying different pressings for records that I already own, for bands that I've never given a second thought about collecting. Sure, it is "just one more record", but pretty soon my room is going to look like something out of an episode of Hoarders and I'm going to have trouble rationalizing why I have multiple copies of a record simply because the covers are printed on different colors of paper. For now though, let me have a good time with it.
Failure Face were around in the early to mid-90's and they played some pissed off style of hardcore. At the time, it didn't seem like many bands were playing that straight forward angry hardcore sound anymore, and I absolutely loved what Failure Face were doing.
I originally bought the first Failure Face 7 inch through Ebullition mailorder and ended up with the fourth pressing with the yellow cover. When I recently found a first pressing with the numbered cover, and for about the same price as it was selling for back in the mid-90's, I figured "what the hell" and I bought one. I've been listening to a lot of 90's hardcore lately, so it was fun to pick up another copy of this record.
Back cover shot of the two pressings that I now own for this record.

No comments: