Sunday, October 03, 2021

Locked Inside The Green

I never know what is going to set me off on a quest to buy multiple copies of a record. Years ago I swore off this nonsense, but lately I've found myself breaking my own rule more and more. Sometimes I'm just really excited about a band and in my lizard brain that means I need to spend money and aquire more records from them. For the most part though, I'm not a complete degenerate and I still have some morals because I can usually stay away from that game if the vinyl looks like shit. Case in point would be Ecostrike. As much as I fucking love that band, the vinyl from Triple B looks terrible, so I have zero desire to chase multiple pressings for them. Locked Inside on the other hand... those records look fantastic, and it has been too tempting to buy more just because they look great.
I was introduced to Locked Inside earlier this year, and I loved their old school hardcore sound. Ed McKirdy sounds a lot like Dan O from No For An Answer on this record and I loved hearing a new band play this style so well. As soon as I received the red vinyl pressing, and saw how great it looked, I immediately started toying with the idea of chasing multiple pressings. When I received the opportunity to buy the reissue on white vinyl, as well as the ultra limited pink vinyl, it helped to seal the deal that I wanted more colored vinyl for this 7 inch. When I saw the green vinyl available on Discogs at a fair price, I jumped on it.
Not Like You Records has done a dumb amount of pressings for this record. There are around eleven different pressings, so I don't even know why I would entertain the thought of chasing multiple copies, but here we are. Now if Discogs sellers would stop trying to make some quick cash, and just list this with a reasonable price, maybe I'd chase more copies of this one.
That vinyl does look great though.

No comments: