Tuesday, October 05, 2021

Drug Control

Earlier this year, Marcus tipped me off to a bunch of recent New Age Records bands that I'd missed out on. I'd lost touch with what the label had been doing lately, and thankfully Marcus was there to get me back on track. My intention was to buy a ton of records direct from New Age's online store but the shipping prices were so ridiculous that it was easier for me to just pick the stuff up from different Discogs sellers. One of the bands that I wasn't able to get during my first Discogs sweep a few months ago was Drug Control, so when I was grabbing some records from a seller recently and saw they had the Clear Sight records as well, I didn't hesitate to add it to the cart.
Clear Sight, released back in 2018, was the third 7 inch from Drug Control. Apparently I downloaded their Stabbed EP back in 2017, but it didn't make much of an impression on me as iTunes shows that I only listened to it twice. I'm going to have to revisit it because Clear Sight is fucking impressive. I love the energy and rage here, and any record that has a song that rhymes the words "booze" and "lose" is automatically going to be a favorite of mine.
I suppose that I could have chased after a more limited pressing, but goddamn, I just love the look of that red vinyl. Who knows, I like this record enough that I might pick up another colored vinyl pressing at some point.

No comments: