Friday, October 08, 2021

Brace Yourself

I picked up the new Seized Up 7 inch a few months ago, and found myself really enjoying it. It's only 6 minutes long, and since I've been in the mood for newer hardcore I found that I kept returning to it. As I was digging in online to find more info about the band, I found a piece on the Hard Times site from last year. The article was talking about the absolute shit show that the country was in at the time with Trump as president, and the singer was talking about their new album and was was quoted as saying "It’s hard to look at the world and not be pissed off." Fuckin' right. A year later and I still struggle with my anger over right-wing bullshit. So when Clifford was talking about the album and not holding back when "taking a volitile stance based on our surroundings", I was like "sign me the fuck up for that". Fuel my anger.
I don't think that Brace Yourself comes out direct and swinging like I expected it to, but this is still a great record. I mean Clifford sang for Bl'ast and that band was a bit unconventional in it's delivery, and lyrically Seized Up come at you more from the side instead of beating you over the head with a message. Not was I was expecting, but I still appreciate and enjoy the end result.
When given the option of a first press on splatter vinyl or a second pressing on this yellow and black swirl, I went with the better looking option.
This colored vinyl looks great when you hold it up to the light. 500 pressed.

No comments: