Thursday, October 21, 2021

ACAB

Bitter Branches released their debut 12 inch last year, and then Tim Singer quickly followed that up with a record from No Escape early this year. No doubt, during a pandemic year, Tim was a busy man. With that release of the No Escape record though, I was wondering if we'd heard the last of Bitter Branches, so I was kind of surprised to see a new 7 inch from the band this year.
The main thing that drew me to buy a copy of this 7 inch was the packaging. Designed to look like an old Sub Pop single, this thing looks great. I'm not interested in those old Sub Pop bands but I do like the look of those records, so it was cool to see Bitter Branches kind of pay tribute to them here.
While I thought the This May Hurt A Bit EP was pretty good, and I would give it the occasional spin, the two songs here are fucking great. Both Along Came A Bastard and Fraudulent have been getting repeat plays since this 7 inch arrived.
Shortly after receiving this 7 inch, I saw a pink vinyl pressing that someone had posted somewhere on the internet. It looked so good, and I was immediately tempted to rush out and pick it up as a second copy. Checking Discogs today, I see that the pink vinyl is limited to 18... so I guess I'll just stick with my splatter version.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Two bits of info for you on this one:
1. The reason that this was made to look like a Sub Pop 7" is because Kiss It Goodbye were suposed to have a 7" put out by Sub Pop way back when, but they broke up and it didn't happen.
2. Pink is not limited to 18. I think the band got 18 to sell originally via instagram, but there are more. They were pressed for touring. They sold some last week at a show they played in DC. I have no idea on numbers, but I would guess 100 minimum. I am sure more will surface in the near future.

Mike said...

You mean Discogs lied!?!?

Thanks for the info!