Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Memory Screen

When I checked out the latest America's Hardcore comp a few months ago, Profile wasn't the only band that I was inspired to check out. The was a band called Memory Screen that caught my attention as well.
I'd never heard of Memory Screen before, but finding them squeezed between Dead Heat and Rule Them All in the tracklist for the AHC Vol 5 comp, I couldn't help but pay attention to the band...and man, they certainly held their own against the bigger bands that I was familiar with. I don't know anything about this band, and I'm not sure how to really describe them, but I really dig their melodic hardcore style. When I discovered that they released a 7 inch, To Nowhere, at the end of 2020 I quickly grabbed a copy.
When I placed my order with Tiger Records for this Memory Screen 7 inch, the black splatter vinyl was sold out and unavailable, so I went with the regular clear vinyl option. Looks like they managed to locate one more splatter pressing and send it to me. Not a fan of splatter, but I guess this one works for those Tiger Records labels. 100 pressed.

No comments: