Friday, December 03, 2021

Wraith In Chains

I'm amazed at how low my interest has been in new metal records. There have been a few decent albums released here and there, but for the most part I've been underwhelmed. As we were fast approaching the end of the year, I was starting to get desperate in the need to find a metal album from 2021 to get excited about...and then I saw a post on Instagram about the new Wraith record.
Early in the year, I was introduced to Wraith with their 2019 album, Absolute Power. It was a fine slice of grimey thrash, and it reminded me a bit of Midnight's Satanic Royalty album with that same influence of old school thrash and Venom. I was impressed and immediately made attempts to pick up the vinyl. Everywhere I checked, that Wraith record was sold out...hell, there weren't even any sellers on Discogs. I was stuck. As soon as I discovered a few weeks ago that the band had just released a follow up with Undo The Chains, I was all over it. There was no way that I was going to miss out again. I'm glad that I made moves when I did because this thing is now sold out and unavailable.
350 pressed on "dominator" splatter vinyl.

No comments: