Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dissecting The Kadavar

I despise the radio, but I've found that I've started using my iphone to listen to my last.fm radio station after the gym each morning, when I've got the locker room to myself. I use last.fm to capture the stats for all the music I listen to, and they use that as the basis for what my radio station plays. Typically I play it safe, and set the radio to play only the songs that I have in my library. However, after a vigorous 7 mile run a few weeks back, I was feeling a bit adventurous, and I set the station to allow some new music to be played based on their recommendations for what I usually listen to.

While I was in the shower, I could hear this unfamiliar song playing from the radio. It had a great doomy 70's sound to it, that immediately had me thinking of bands like Witchcraft and Graveyard. I needed to find out who this band was that was playing, and quickly grabbed my towel and checked the screen on my iphone. The band is Kadavar and the song that's playing is All Our Thoughts. I can't wait to find more from this band, and after a quick search and download, I'm on the hunt to find some vinyl.

Already in it's fourth pressing, I was able to grab a copy on yellow vinyl. Limited to 1,000.

1 comment:

J@screamingforrecords said...

Cool song, nice find