Sunday, December 23, 2012

Supertouch Live

When it comes to Supertouch, I've always leaned towards their earlier stuff...and by that I mean only their first 7 inch. Sure I've warmed up towards their LP over recent years, and if you catch me in the right mood, I can even hang with that newest record. But man, those songs off What Did We Learn and the REV comp...that's the best.

Given that I prefer the early days of Supertouch, you'd have thought that I would have checked out their Live on WNYU set from 1988. Nope, hadn't really done that. I made an attempt back in September, when Marcus posted that he had a few extra copies that he was looking to trade or sell off. I showed some interest in buying a copy, but it fell through when I had to sink $1,000 into car repairs. With this drain on my bank account, I had to put the breaks on some of my record spending.

When I found myself at the REV25 shows in NYC this past October, Supertouch had a table set up, and they were selling copies of the Live on WNYU vinyl. The band played a great set that night, and it seemed like the perfect time to finally buy one.

Purple vinyl. Handnumbered labels out of 100.

2 comments:

Pim said...

Good thing you didn't pick up those extra's from Marcus, because I did ;)

Great band. Great release!

James Damion said...

One of my favorite bands from the 80's. I first caught them when they were called Death Before Dishonor and saw one of their reunions in NYC a few years back. I used to have their radio shows on tape and have really debated whether to pick this up. The debate still rages.