Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Struck Gold

When I picked up the Struck Nerve album from Youngblood last year, it was the first that I'd heard of the band. That record grew on me quite a bit, to the point where I found myself thinking it was a good idea to own multiple copies. Recently, I became aware that the band had also released a 7 inch back in 2018. It was on WAR Records, and it must have been before I was paying attention to that label, because I totally missed out on it. When I was buying one of the newer records from WAR, I noticed that they still had a couple of copies of that Struck Nerve 7 inch still in their store. I figured that it was a good time to grab one.
This is such a cool record, and it totally give me vibes of Desperate Measures, or maybe a bit of Mental (especially with that "real recognizes real" line from one of the songs). I think that this was originally a demo, so it isn't surprising that the songs are a bit more rough and raw compared to the Youngblood record, but I'm definitely glad that I picked this up.
Gold vinyl limited to 100.

No comments: