Friday, December 09, 2022

Spite House

When I was picking up the End On End record from New Morality Zine over the summer, I decided to see what else the label had going on. They had a couple of great releases under their belt from Rule Them All and Sunstroke, so I wanted to see if they had any other hidden gems to discover.
While in the NMZ store, the cover art for the Spite House record preorder caught my eye. It looked interesting, so I clicked on it to check the band bio and as soon as I saw that Seaweed was an influence, I knew that I needed to check them out. There is definitely a 90's emo/indie sound going on here that reminds me of stuff like Garden Variety or early Jawbox... and yes, a bit of Seaweed. It is good, and it is the kind of record that I feel is really going to grow on me as time goes on. I mean, I like it right now, but I feel like in a few months I'm going to be loving it more and more.
I didn't want to wait too long and miss out on the colored vinyl option so I quickly made sure that I had my order in for this Spite House record. Shortly after placing my order, my friend Doug tipped me off that the black vinyl was actually the more limited pressing. Oh well, the coke bottle clear is a better look with the cover art. Limited to 200.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Coke bottle clear. Also known as 'green'.

Ralf said...

Love this record. Top 5 for me this year.