Thursday, December 15, 2022

Orange Vis

High Vis became a big deal in 2022. Sure some brits were talking about this band back in 2020, but it didn't sound like something that I'd be interested in at the time, so I didn't bother. This year the band released a new album and were suddenly everywhere. There was so much hype that I couldn't resist and figured that I had to see what all the fuss was about.
I knew this High Vis record wasn't going to be straight forward hardcore, but I didn't really know what I was getting into. This record starts off with a bang, and if we were only talking about the first three songs, this would rank very high on my list. Talk For Hours, 0151, and Out Cold are just so fucking good, and it was at that point during my first listen on Spotify that I rushed out to buy a copy of the record. The rest of the album is good, but it never comes near the level of excitement that I felt at the beginning. I can appreciate what High Vis is doing, and it makes for a nice refreshing listen, but I'm still not sure how much I'll be pulling out this record for a spin. I mean, I like it, but it feels like it needs a boost of energy, especially at the end of the album. Those first three songs though... fuck... so good.
600 pressed on orange vinyl.

No comments: