Tuesday, December 13, 2022

New Mindforce Lords

Mindforce have consistently delivered since I discovered them with their The Future Of... 7 inch back in 2017. It seems like they have dropped something new just about every year since then, which is pretty impressive for a hardcore band, and that productivity has kept the band at the center of my attention. It seems that most years, I'm trying to figure out where they are going to fall within my Top 10 list, and this year is no exception.
Initially, my reaction to New Lords was a bit tepid. With my first couple of casual listens, it became backgroung noise and I was just thinking "Yeah, no surprise... it sounds like Mindforce." Once I really sat down with the record, and really paid attention, that's when the record started to hit me a bit harder. No doubt this is a great record, but time will tell if they reach the level set with Excalibur or The Future Of. It is a solid history to live up to.
There were 50 different exclusive pressings for New Lords and I imagine that they all look terrible. The ultra clear & neon green pinwheel with neon orange splatter is a mouthful.

No comments: