Wednesday, December 07, 2022

Fixation On Secrets

Over the past year, I've picked up both the Fixation 7 inch and the flexi, and those records are great. Raw, angry and fast hardcore. When WAR Records put up preorders for a new Fixation album this year, I quickly grabbed a copy. Shortly after making my purchase I discovered that the band had changed their singer at some point between their previous records and the recording of this new album. That move doesn't always work for me, so I was a bit nervous on how the album was going to sound.
There is definitely a change in the sound with Fixation on The Secrets We Keep. They still sound raw and angry, but instead of that thrashy sound I liked from their other records, here they sound like they would fit in with the American Nightmare kind of chaotic style from the early 2000's. It is kind of cool, I guess, but it was never a sound that got too excited over. Who knows, maybe this will grow on me.
I gave a hard pass on the more limited splatter colored vinyl, and instead just went for the red in black version. Limited to 200.

No comments: