Friday, December 02, 2022

Clutch Sunrise

It has been four years and a full pandemic since the last Clutch album. Book Of Bad Decisions was released back in 2018, and while I did like the record, I was a bit underwhelmed overall. The album clocked in at almost an hour and just felt too long at the time. I've come to appreciate it a bit more over the years, but when I heard that the new Clutch record was going to run a bit short, it gave me a shot of excitement to hear what they would deliver.
With each album, Clutch somehow manages to sound exactly like Clutch, but still sound fresh and new. Sunrise On Slaughter Beach still delivers what I've come to expect from the band... it is heavy rock, there are blues and stoner vibes... it just hooks me and lifts me up.
The magenta colored vinyl was an indie store exclusive, and as soon as I saw that my local Bull Moose store had one available, I was grabbing my car keys off the counter and heading up to buy my copy.

No comments: