Sunday, December 11, 2022

Easy Prey

When I was picking up the Autumn retrospective from Hellminded, I noticed that they had preorders going up for a band named Easy Prey. I didn't know anything about the band, but that record cover had some powerful imagery so I obviously had to check it out.
I was expecting an angry record here, and Easy Prey do not disappoint on that front. These songs fully capture the frustration and unrest from the fallout of Trump style politics and conservative disregard of people, Easy Prey bundle those feelings and spit them out in these songs that absolutely crush. I'm reminded of Kiss It Goodbye with just how heavy these songs are... maybe a bit less chaotic and more oppressive. If you want to tap into that anger, Unrest will give you what you need.
100 pressed on clear with red vinyl, and this color looks really good.

No comments: