Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Bl'asting Concept

I'd never heard of Blasting Concept until Marcus did a post about thier first album last year. With his comparisons to the second Annihilation Time record, and the look of that album cover with some kind of skeleton wizard on a chopper, I immediately knew that I needed to check it out.
This record is such a... ahem... blast. I was surprised to find that this thing was released in 2010, because if pressed, I would have guessed it came out of the 80's alongside Bl'ast and those late era Black Flag albums... except that Blasting Concept incorporate some wild riffs and have a more snotty attitude to their songs. Man, this record is such a fun time.
I've been on the hunt for this piece of vinyl since discovering it from Marcus, but I was avoiding the overpriced sellers on Discogs. The wait finally paid off when a nice cheap copy popped up and I jumped on it. These days, it is a rare good feeling when you find a record listed for a decent price.

No comments: