Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Turning Green

Initially, I was planning to ignore the Turning Point represses from REV. Even though my sad little collection for the band only contains a black vinyl copy of the LP and the split with No Escape, I still found myself stuck in that "original pressings only" mindset. When I was buying a couple of records from a store on Discogs, I noticed that they had the Revelation pressing of the Turning Point 7 inch on green, and that was when my resolve broke. I mean, seriously, when the fuck did I think that I was ever going to have enough expendable income that I'd be able to afford the original press on gold or red vinyl? A $10 reissue is likely the only way that I'll be getting my hands on a colored vinyl pressing, so fuck it, I might as well get one now.
Turning Point were flawless from beginning to end. Their sound evolved with each release, and even though we can all agree that their latter era songs are insanely good, I'm still going to be jamming that early shit. Man, this 7 inch is a perfect hardcore record. The songs still grab with their urgency and energy. So glad that I finally bought a copy of this record.
The packaging is really nice on this thing, and the REV/Hi-Impact logo on the back cover is a nice touch.

No comments: