Monday, March 22, 2021

Trainwreck EP

Last year I had exchanged a few messages with my old friend David, who ran Salad Days Records for a few years out of Portugal. I was always a huge fan of his band Clean Break from a few years ago, and when he sent me a link for his new band Trainwreck, I immediately checked them out and ordered the record.
The 7 inch contains five quick blasts of straight forward hardcore, with most of the songs not even breaking the one minute mark. It kind of reminds me of the early 7 Seconds EPs...fast, catchy and even with an occassional "whoa" thrown in there for good measure during the chorus. This record is a ton of fun and would have probably cracked my Top 10 for 2020 if the record had arrived before the year ended.
New Wave Of Portuguese Hard Core.
There were 100 pressed with the red cover, and another 100 pressed with a blue cover, each lightly numbered on the back cover.

1 comment:

Johnny said...

Damn, I was not expecting that to be so good. Just listened to both the EP and the previous 7" on Bandcamp. That is some fine hardcore right there.