Saturday, March 13, 2021

Rock Your Heart Out

Over the past couple of years, I have made some significant progress on my AC/DC collection. Cheap pick-ups, expensive first pressings, singles, albums...it hasn't fucking mattered...I've been obsessed with the band, and will buy anything. What initially started out a few years ago as a simple "I just want Australian pressings for the Bon Scott records", has turned into "give me all of it" mentality.

As I was checking Instagram last month, Henk had made a post about his top five AC/DC records, and we started exchanging messages. Our lists were pretty comparable...top loaded with Bon Scott era albums with a couple Brian Johnson records thrown in for good measure. It was fun to talk about the band with someone that is as passionate about them as I am. It had been a hot minute since I'd added a new AC/DC record to the collection, and talking with Henk had me all fired up to do some shopping.

With the release of their latest album, I've kind of become infatuated with the band's more recent stuff. As much as I feel the Bon Scott era is the best period for AC/DC, lately all I've wanted to listen to is those six Brian Johnson albums released from 1990 on. With that mentality, I wanted to try and find a single from that era, and was pretty happy to find a US seller on Discogs that had this promo 7 inch from Spain for the song Rock Your Heart Out from The Razors Edge.
I've recently just started to really appreciate The Razors Edge from AC/DC, and while this Spanish promo isn't much to look at, I was still excited to score a copy for the collection.

2 comments:

Johnny said...

There was a time that my interest in AC/DC pretty much ended with Razor's Edge. However, like you, recent years have me spinning everything after way more. I passed over some killer albums in the 90s and 00s. I think what kicked me into checking those albums out was Rock or Bust, which I loved, and which Power Up blew out of the water. Despite all the killer metal and hardcore that came out in 2020, that new AC/DC was such a surprise standout.

Mike said...

My thoughts and experience exactly!