Thursday, March 11, 2021

Rusty Medals And Purple Vinyl

The section in my record collection for 2001 is pretty thin. I was still focused on buying CDs at the time, so I don't have the vinyl for a lot of those releases, plus it really wasn't a great year for hardcore. Sure there are a few records from that year that stand out, but overall, when I scroll through my iTunes playlist for that year, there is just a lot of stuff that doesn't really excite me.
One of my favorites from those early 2000's was Over My Dead Body. They were a great blend of hardcore and punk, and the big attraction for me was that they were straight edge. I was 31 years old in 2001, so it was cool to still have older guys X'd up and singing songs like Drug Free Adult. "Doesn't mean shit 'til you're 21!"
As much as I liked Over My Dead Body back in the day, they kind of fell off my radar for the last ten years, and I've never really chased their records. When I was picking up a Third Degree 7 inch a couple months back, I noticed the seller also had a copy for Rusty Medals And Broken Badges available, and given how reasonable the price was, it seemed like the perfect time to finally add the album to my collection.
The vinyl is a nice dark shade of purple that is hard to see until you put some light behind it.

No comments: