Monday, March 08, 2021

Now We're Playing Righteous Jams

As I was approaching 2,000 posts here on the blog, I lined up The Years Of Decay album from Overkill. It was a record that I'd wanted for a long time, and I thought it made for a nice creative title for a milestone post. The problem was, I'd ordered it from overseas, and with the pandemic and everyone mailing shit for the holidays, the postal service was overburdened and painfully slow. I started to panic that the Overkill record wasn't going to arrive on time, so I starting planning alternate ideas and picked up another record that I'd had on my Want List for a while now. With a back-up plan prepared, I had the title "2,000 Posts Of Righteous Jams" in my back pocket in case the Overkill record fell through. Thankfully, it all worked out...and I ended up with the Righteous Jams record as a bonus.
When I first started to get into record collecting around 2005, I remember the Righteous Jams record on red vinyl seemed wildly unattainable at the time. Looking back through popsike, I can see that the red vinyl for Rage Of Discipline was pulling down $80 back then, which put it out of reach for this newbie collector. While I wouldn't even blink at that price tag these days, time was on my side, and in 2021 this record goes for a more reasonable amount.
While time has seen the value of this record drop after the initial hype, the songs here have certainly held up. This album is still a blast...bust it!

1 comment:

mcs said...

Such a great record. And the red does look great. I had to look up the price out of curiosity. It has definitely come down a lot over the years. Wow. I had no idea.