Sunday, March 28, 2021

Metal City

Raven released an album, ExtermiNation, back in 2015, but it never clicked with me. I downloaded the songs, but that thing clocked in over an hour... and by the end of it I all I could think about was how much I just wanted to listen to something else. It wasn't terrible, but I just couldn't invest the time into it. When Raven released Metal City last year, it barely made a blip on my record radar. I knew the record was out there, but I wasn't in any rush to check it out.
There were a number of old metal bands that released top notch records last year, so I was curious as to how the new Raven album stacked up and I decided to give it a shot on Spotify. Surprisingly, Metal City is a ton of fun. The album is only 40 minutes long, and the songs are quick and catchy. I couldn't believe how much fun I was having listening to the album, and I grabbed the vinyl for it.
The cover is goofy as hell with it's comic book theme, and doesn't do a damn thing to help sell this album on me. Thankfully the songs are strong enough to help me get past it. Given how much I'm enjoying Metal City, I may have to go back and give ExtermiNation another chance.

No comments: