Thursday, March 18, 2021

Bound By Ties Of Colored Vinyl

There was a five year stretch in the late 90's into the early 2000's where Good Riddance were one of my favorite bands. I saw them play live in Boston and Providence a few times, and would I would dance like a fucking nut for their entire set. Man, I couldn't help but move for that band. Anyway, at one time I toyed with the idea of collecting original colored vinyl pressings, but I was going to have to drop some serious money if I wanted to go that route, and while I ain't afraid of expensive records, I wasn't sure that I wanted to go that deep for Good Riddance.

A few years ago, when there was more than just three people doing record collecting blogs, someone happened to post about a recent colored vinyl reissue for one of the Good Riddance records. I thought the vinyl looked great, so on a whim I bought a copy... then I found another reissue that looked great and I bought that one too... then at the end of last year I picked up the 25th anniversary reissue of the band's first album. Guess I'm collecting Good Riddance reissues now.

After I recently posted about the For God And Country reissue, I started wondering if there were other recent Good Riddance pressings that I may have missed out on. I found that the band's sixth album, Bound By Ties Of Blood And Affection, was reissued in 2018 on a yellow and gold piece of wax, so I grabbed one from a Discogs seller.
Once again, I really like the look of the vinyl for this pressing. Good looking vinyl for the reissues helps me not feel bad for focusing on these and ignoring the original pressings.

No comments: