Monday, March 15, 2021

Metal Massacre II

Last month I was doing the #febmetalpunk challange on Instagram. I get a kick out of these challenges and it gives me a good excuse to go through the collection and pull some records off the shelf that I haven't thought about in a while. As an additional challenge this time around, I decided to limit myself to only posting metal records that were released during the 80's.
It seems that every record challenge uses the "complilation" category. I was struggling to come up with something new for the challenge this time around, and figured that I'd use it as a good excuse to buy something new so I'd have something interesting to post for this day. I've always been a fan of the Metal Massacre series, and since I only own a few of them, I decided that I'd make a run at one of the early records.
The thing that I like about the Metal Massacre series is that it is full of great songs from bands that are relatively obscure. One of my favorites is Metal Massacre II, as it is loaded top to bottom with some great heavy metal. Armored Saint were the only band here that made much of an impact, but still, the songs from Surgical Steel, Savage Grace, Obsession, and Trauma (with Cliff Burton!) are all killer. Given that this record is almost 40 years old, the copy that I picked up is in great condition. I'm not usually big on comps, but I'm very happy to finally own a copy of this one.

No comments: