Wednesday, May 22, 2019

White Magic Circle

There are a number of new records being released this year that have me a bit excited. One of those new records that tops my list in terms of anticipation is the new Magic Circle. Given the number of Brendan Radigan bands that have come and gone, each new Magic Circle album feels important...like an event to be celebrated...so I had some high expectations with Departed Souls.

Not wanting to miss out on the most limited pressing, I made sure that I was available to place my order as soon as the album went up for preorder over at 20 Buck Spin. 110 pressed on white vinyl.

The first couple of listens of the new album had me kind of underwhelmed...although to be honest, my mindset was more in line with Badlands, or the Lick It Up album from Kiss...dude, I wanted the rock and roll party, and I'm not sure that I was prepared for the hard and heavy sounds of Magic Circle.

I've been listening to Departed Souls a bit more over the past couple of weeks, and it is starting to grow on me. It isn't as immediate as their second album, Journey Blind, but it has been worming it's way into my brain, and repeat listens have me enjoying it more and more.

Funny enough, given my obsession over 80's hair metal bands this year, I'm not sure if I was more excited over the arrival of the new Magic Circle record, or the card of Jeff Labar from Cinderella. Seriously...I need more of these Rockcards.

No comments: