Monday, March 18, 2019

Midnite Maniac

I remember owning the cassette for The Blitz, from Krokus, when I was a kid. I know that I owned it, but I don't remember much about it. My fading memory seems to recall it was a rather weak follow up to Headhunter, which was a favorite of mine back in 1983...but with The Blitz, I just don't think that it was heavy enough to capture my attention at the time, and it quickly took a back seat to Out Of The Cellar, Stay Hungry, and Powerslave.

For the past six months or so, I've been obsessing over those early 80's metal albums, and revisiting a lot of those albums that I've left buried by time and dust. After re-discovering Krokus recently, and absolutely loving some of their earlier records, I happened to find a used copy of The Blitz at the local store. I hadn't bothered to revisit this one, but I was feeling good about my chances with it in 2019, and I rolled the dice...dropping the $6 for it.

I've been finding myself very forgiving of those mid-80's hair metal bands lately, and I've been having a ton of fun spinning stuff like Kick Axe, Helix, Quiet Riot, and Ratt...and this Krokus album falls right in with those bands that have been getting lots of repeat plays in my playlists lately. Simply put, I'm having fun listening to The Blitz, so it was well worth the price paid for this slab of vinyl.

No comments: