Tuesday, September 16, 2014

White People and the Damage Done

Another vinyl purchase from when I was out, killing time between work obligations. After flipping through the Metal section at Bull Moose Music, I figured that I'd check the clearance bin before I was done. I was surprised to see last year's release from Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine, White People and the Damage Done, with a 25% Off sticker on it.

While I liked the first album Jello and the GSOM did back in 2009, the reality was that I haven't listened to it more than 10 times since I bought it. Did I really need another album from them? Maybe not, but for $10, I was willing to take the chance.

I'm a huge Dead Kennedys fan, and I am under no illusion that what Jello is involved in today is going to rival that DK stuff. Still, this album seems to have caught me in the right mood, because I'm really enjoying this...maybe comparable to his collaboration with Nomeansno.

Of course it wouldn't be a Jello record if it didn't include a giant poster with off the wall and ridiculous headlines and photos.

No comments: