Thursday, March 30, 2023

The Gear That Turns A Nation

I'm a huge fan of the hardcore band Voice Of Reason that was out of Texas in the early 90's. The band played a style that fit in with that early Ebullition roster like Struggle and Downcast, but I think they are wildly underrated, and find that both of the 7 inches that they released are fucking perfect. While I only owned the black vinyl pressings for the Voice Of Reason records back in the 90's, when I was tipped off a few years ago that Gear had a couple colored vinyl pressings, I started the hunt.
It took some time to find a green vinyl copy of the Gear 7 inch, so I was considered myself lucky when one popped up on Discogs last year. Still, I wanted the full collection was very happy to score the grey vinyl at the start of 2023.
According to Discogs, there were 400 pressed on the grey vinyl for the second press.
It was cool to get all three copies out and notice that covers for each are different. Nice to see that the grey vinyl pressing had the band name changed from blue to grey on the cover. Sometimes I just appreciate the little things like that.

No comments: