Monday, March 20, 2023

Hello From The Gutter

I've said it before on this blog, but it bears repeating... one of the biggest kicks that I get out of record collecting is when I pick up an old school metal record that was a big deal to me as a teen in the 80's. This isn't meant to diminish how much I love 90's hardcore records, or how exciting those record release and special tour covers can be, but man, once that nostalgia kicks in and I pick up an original pressing of an old thrash record... it brings me back to those days of youth, and that feeling is hard to beat.
It is ridiculous how long I've been after the first four Overkill albums. I love those early records so much that I made one of them my 2,000th post milestone. That's how important those albums are to me. Each one is a thrash classic, so I was very fucking excited to finally grab the Under The Influence record and complete my Overkill favorite four collection.
Under The Influence was released shortly after I graduated from High School, and the chances were high that this one was not far from the tape deck in my car for that entire summer.

No comments: