Wednesday, March 15, 2023

90's Hardcore Oversight

I've been listening to a lot of early 90's hardcore lately. This era has been hitting the 30 year anniversary, and I've found myself returning to those records again and again over the past few years. While I like to think that my collection of records from that era is fairly decent, I know that there are probably some bands that I totally missed out on at the time... so I'm always searching.
One of the bands that I recently discovered was Oversight. I probably should have been more aware of this band 30 years ago. I know that I have an issue of Extent fanzine with an Oversight interview... plus this is Conquer The World Records number one, so it is a mystery why it took until now for me to finally hear this band, but here we are. The thing that finally brought this band to my attention was that I've been listening to the Framework 7 inches a lot, and as I was digging into that band on Discogs, I noticed that the singer, Shane Durgee, had also been in Oversight. I immediately checked Soulseek, found the songs for the 7 inch and downloaded them. Fuck yes.
This is a nice find for me in 2023, and the grey colored vinyl looks sharp!

No comments: