Monday, March 13, 2023

Civilian Straight Edge

At some point near the end of 2021, I discovered the two Civilian Mind demos. I believe it was a piece over on noecho.net that brought this Arizona straight edge band to my attention, and mentioning that Civilian Mind were for fans of Verse and Go It Alone really pushed me to check them out.
Yeah, Civilian Mind definitely falls into those comparisons with early Verse. The lyrics are more personal, and these songs don't have the same spark that made Verse so exciting, but I'm very much looking forward to what this band does next. Plus, you know that I'm always down to support a new straight edge band.
I was surprised to see that Irish Voodoo Records was pressing those two Civilian Mind demos to a 12 inch record. I haven't heard anything from that label since the Done Dying 7 inches back in 2013. It looks like they have busy since I last checked in with them... it doesn't look like they have released anything that I'd be interested in checking out, but I guess it is cool that they have still been active.
The purple colored vinyl was sold by Ugly And Proud Records over in Europe. It is limited to 150, but Irish Voodoo had a few available in their store so I grabbed one there because the US pressing on brown vinyl didn't sound that appealing. Apparently, Irish Voodoo numbered the copies they were selling and I ended up with number 12 of 35.

No comments: