Sunday, March 12, 2023

Early 90's Sideshow

One of things that I love about 90's hardcore/punk is how diverse the music was. Maybe it was just that I was more open to the different styles that were going on, but I fucking loved just about everything. It didn't matter if it was Rorshach, Reveal, or Rain Like The Sound Of Trains... I wasn't drawing lines and looking to divide, I was down with all of it. In 2023, it may be a bit harder to catch my attention with newer bands doing some of those styles that stray too far outside of hardcore, but fuck, back in the 90's it all just sounded good.
Sideshow were an indie / emo / hardcore / punk band out of Nebraska. They were on Caulfield Records, which was run by one of the Sideshow guys, so they kind of fall into that Christie Front Drive category of emo, but listening to this 7 inch I'm reminded more of Soulside... and holy shit, this is so good. I picked up this record on a whim, while I was buying a couple of other 7 inches from a Discogs seller, but wow, I'm really liking these songs.
Sideshow seemed to love to just self-title their records, with two 7 inches and an LP all titled Sideshow, so the discography can be a bit confusing. This one is their second Sideshow 7 inch that was released in 1991.

No comments: