Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Trial By Jury

Trial By Jury were a hardcore band out of Virginia in the early 90's, and at some point back in the day, I picked up a 7 inch record for their demo. For one reason or another, I didn't pay much attention to it, and it ended up getting tucked into a stack of records that I wasn't all that interested in. That 7 inch sat in my collection, ignored for around 25 years. I uncovered it a couple years ago, and decided to give it a quick spin. Much to my surprise, I fucking loved it. Shame that it took me so long to finally appreciate it.
Trial By Jury fit in with that early 90's style that Kingpin and Another Wall were doing at the time, and soon after spinning that demo 7 inch, I hit up Discogs to find if the band ever did anything else. A quick search and I found that there was also a 7 inch titled Ignite that was released in '92. Surprisingly I was able to download the songs from soulseek, and very quickly, I decided that I was going to need the record in my collection.
There are a couple different versions for this, but I was hot to pick up the blue vinyl pressing. I may also need to get that version with the black and white cover as well. This record is so good, and the copy that I picked up included a Trial By Jury sticker!

No comments: