Tuesday, March 07, 2023

The Kids Can't Be Bought

Last year, as I was obsessing over early-2000's era hardcore, I ended up grabbing a 7 inch from Fields Of Fire. It was a lot of fun revisiting that record, and it got me looking to see what else the band had released on vinyl.
The Kids Can't Be Bought 7 inch was released in 2000, but I wasn't buying records at the time, so I didn't become familiar with Fields Of Fire until Phyte Records released the Keep It Alive CD the following year, and added these songs at the end of the tracklist. Unfortunately those songs for Keep It Alive were only released on CD, and I would assume that the chances of a vinyl pressing of those songs this late in the game are pretty slim. Either way, this is great punk influenced hardcore and I was excited to pick up another record from the band.
Discogs does not have an official entry for the blue vinyl pressing, so it was by chance that I noticed a seller with one available where they included "BLUE vinyl" in the comments for thier listing. I was happy to learn that there was a colored vinyl option and I quickly snatched it up.

No comments: