Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Can't Tell No One

I'm rarely interested in vinyl reissues. Every once in a while, I'll get sucked into the hype, but shortly after receiving it, I find that I usually regret it and wish that I'd put the money towards something else. For the most part I've conditioned myself to pretty much ignore the steady stream of reissues. Occasionally, however, one will come along that I figure I might as well grab... because the only other way that I'd get my hands on one would be if the majority of the world's population is decimated by an apocalyptic type plague, and as a survivor scavenging for supplies in the wastelands, I stumble upon some fool's record collection. So, I'm saying that there may still be a chance, but until that time, this reissue will have to do.
When the Negative Approach 7 inch was ressiued in 2021 on green vinyl, the news barely caught my attention. Another reissue. No thanks. Moving on. Marcus is famously a bad influence on me, and when I saw that he recently picked up a copy, suddenly I started having second thoughts about ignoring it. That green vinyl looked so good, and since I didn't see myself dropping a few thousand for an original, this reissue started to seem like a good option.
Of course the record was long sold out everywhere, and I had to hit up Discogs and hope for the best. In the end though, I didn't do too bad and paid well below the median price.

No comments: