Saturday, April 22, 2023

A Prayer For The Dead

For someone that posts regularly that he isn't interested in a lot of reissues, it feels a bit weird to be writing up my second post this month about a vinyl reissue.
I've been listening to a lot of early 90's hardcore this year, and the two Groundwork 7 inches have been getting a lot of spins. I'd kind of forgotten how great that band was, and it has been great revisiting them. I saw that the LP was getting reissued last year, but I didn't think too much of it until I saw someone post a copy of the pink vinyl version on instagram. Man, that thing looked fantastic, and it kind of made me want to buy one. Out of curiosity, I headed to the label's bandcamp site to see what was up. I know that I was late to the party, but I was still surprised to find that the pink vinyl was sold out. Because I couldn't have it, I suddenly really wanted one. When the band found a few more pink copies and listed them in their store, I was still caught up in moment and I quickly grabbed one.
Just like the Lay Down and Living In Fear 7 inches, this LP has been great to revisit. I love this Ebullition/Downcast style so much.
There are a few differences between the original and this reissue, with the major one being the original lyric booklet instead of the new fold-out lyric sheet. While the colored vinyl does look nice, you can't beat the packaging of the Bloodlink first pressing.

No comments: