Monday, April 10, 2023

Just A Word

I don't know if The Suppression Swing made much of an impact in the mid to late 90's. I mean, I was always a big fan of the 7 inch and LP that the band released, but overall, my impression was that the band didn't generate much attention. Maybe they didn't get out much, or maybe they were overlooked when standing next to bands like Ten Yard Fight, Bane and Floorpunch... maybe it was because the singer used that weird microphone... whatever it was, it feels like the band were underrated.
For me, the big draw to The Suppression Swing back in the day was that Mike Hartsfield was in the band. Outspoken had been one of my favorites through the early 90's, so I was down to check out whatever Hartsfield did in its wake. This band seemed to have a bit more anger than the "Daydream" stuff from Outspoken, and I loved it.
I was able to pick up this 7 inch for just under $6, which for a piece of colored vinyl on New Age, seems ridiculously low. I'm not going to complain, but more people should be chasing this record.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Got this mailorder from New Age when it came out, but I still don't own the LP. Given it was only black vinyl it was never really a priority.

Mike said...

You better buy that LP before it get reissued on shitty looking colored vinyl that you'll hate.