Sunday, April 09, 2023

Denial For No Reason

The delays in vinyl production are starting to blur lines when it comes to the release date for an album. Technically, the No Reason album from Denial Of Life was released digitally in the summer of 2022, but the record didn't land in my mailbox until early 2023. I've always maintained that a record isn't official until the physical product is available, but how can I consider No Reason a 2023 release when it has been availble digitally for a good 8 months. Maybe I need to stop doing Top 10 lists at the end of the year. It is all too confusing for me now.
While Denial Of Life pulled their band name from a Death song, don't be fooled. They are more in line with newer crossover bands like Dead Heat than the death metal growls of the band Death, and I absolutely love that style. It is just a good time, and the whole album rips from start to finish.
Fuck it. I went with the ugly splatter vinyl pattern that is limited to 100.

No comments: