Friday, April 28, 2023

Violence Of The Divine

When I was picking up the Spark album from Control Records, I noticed that the label also had preorders up for a band called Weight. I'd never heard of the band before, but since I was already placing an order with overseas shipping, I figured that I'd take the chance and grab another record.
I'm not sure if I'd have bothered to check out the Weight record, if I wasn't already grabbing that Spark album, but holy shit, I am so glad that I did. This thing hits me hard right in the middle of the chest. At times it has a bit of a Cro-Mags feel and other times it reminds me of early Justice... I don't know, man, but this is so fucking good. Probably the best new shit that I've heard this year. Of course this officially dropped at the end of 2022, so it won't really qualify for my Top 10 list for this year, but fucking hell, I can see myself giving this record a lot of playing time in the months to come.
100 pressed on clear vinyl.

4 comments:

Willem Termote said...

Wondering if you have ordered the Chain Reaction from Control Records as well? I did and reading this post makes me regret only ordering that one…

Mike said...

I did...except I ordered the Atomic Action pressing of the Chain Reaction.

Willem Termote said...

got a copy and sounds great indeed! Reminds me a lot of later Cro-Mags, Best Wishes as well. Thank you for the heads up on this record...

Mike said...

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it! Definite Best Wishes vibe on parts of this record.