Friday, February 18, 2022

Early 90's In Color: Voice Of Reason

About six and half years ago, Marcus posted about the Gear 7 inch from Voice Of Reason on colored vinyl. I had picked up the record on the standard black vinyl back in 1992, but when I read the post from Marcus it had probably been close to ten years since I'd given the band much thought. Still, I remembered that I really liked Voice Of Reason in the early 90's, and his post was a great reminder to revisit them.
Hot damn. Maybe it was nostalgia, but I was floored with how great both Voice Of Reason 7 inches were when I dug them out. The band was out of Texas and played a style that was in line with stuff like Downcast, Struggle, and Groundwork (the Arizona one). Just raw, angry and political hardcore. Fuck yes. I loved this stuff so much back in the 90's, and I was excited to be spinning it again.
I had added the green vinyl pressing of the Gear 7 inch to my Discogs wantlist, and when I saw that someone recently listed a copy for sale I quickly snatched it. Discogs states that this is limited to 50 copies, and given that only 5 copies have ever sold in the marketplace, I guess I'll take that number as fact. Very happy to own a copy of this. Now I just need a grey vinyl copy.

2 comments:

mcs said...

There's a grey on discogs right now...

Mike said...

Looks like it sold quick!