Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Early 90's In Color: Action Patrol

Through the last half of 2021, I found myself listening to a lot of Action Patrol. Their album, The Weak Force, plus their two 7 inches saw lots of time in my daily playlists. I'd kind of forgotten about the band over the last few years, and it was a blast to revisit them again.
Since I'd been spinning a lot of Action Patrol, the past six months had me itching to pick up a colored vinyl pressing of their first 7 inch, Up And Running. I'd put the green vinyl on my Discogs wantlist six years ago, and I'd let a few copies get by me over the years, but now I was ready to pounce. As soon as one became available, I grabbed it without hesitation...even if the price tag was a bit higher than it should be.
The silk screened paper bag sleeve is just so 90's, and that green vinyl looks fantastic. Now I want the red vinyl pressing too.
I pulled out the regular black vinyl pressing that I bought when I saw the band open for Avail at the Middle East in Boston. A nice touch that there is a different photo affixed to the front cover for each record. If I have extra cash to throw around, and I find them available for the right price, you can bet that I'll be buying more of these just because of the unique photos...because there is nothing I enjoy more than a useless quest.

No comments: