Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Early 90's In Color: Worlds Collide

Worlds Collide just had their discography LP released and for a quick second I was tempted to pick it up. Initially I was excited to have everything from the band contained on one record, but then when I revisited the All Hope Abandon album, I remembered that it has always kind of bored me. There are a few amazing songs on that record, but for the most part I just don't care to return to it very often. The two songs from the 7 inch and the song from the Voice Of The Voiceless comp, on the other hand, are some of the best hardcore songs to come out of the early 90's. So instead of wasting my money on the discography album, I just picked up a second copy of the Victory 7 inch.
There is something about early 90's vinyl that just looks so good, and I love that Discogs lists this color as gold and not yellow.
Man, I remember this band being so huge in the early 90's... well, as a big as hardcore bands got at that time. They had only the 7 inch, the one comp song, plus the Get Ross live 12 inch when I saw them open for Shelter in some church in Boston. People lost their minds during Worlds Collide, and I remember at one point the stage just being mobbed with people jumping on each other and singing along. That's how I remember it anyway. The best of times.
When we started 2022, and I was thinking about records that I wanted to chase and collecting goals that I wanted to achieve, I wondered how things would shake out if I didn't spend time and money chasing variants for records that I already owned. I didn't even make it one fucking month and I was picking up the gold vinyl to go with my green Worlds Collide 7 inch. They do look damn good together though.

No comments: