Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Let's Go With Vardis

Vardis are another New Wave Of British Heavy Metal band that I want to get into my collection. Their 100 MPH album is a classic from that period, and something that I definitely need to get my hands on. Instead of chasing that first Vardis record, I'm over here fucking aroudn with one of their singles.
I'd never really paid any attention to Vardis until a few years ago. I picked up the New Electric Warriors comp, and that record was just full of obscure NWOBHM bands that I'd never heard of before. The Vardis song on there, If I Were King, really grabbed my attention. The band has so much infectious energy and it made me want to check out more from the band.
I really dig the front cover photo on this 7 inch. It gives off such a cool vibe that the band is bashing out their live set in a small Working Men's Club in front of a crowd of punters. Man, it must have been amazing to be there when this shit was taking off. Anyway, I grabbed this single for Let's Go (with the bonus 7 inch featuring a couple of live tracks that I'm pretty sure were taken from that 100 MPH album) when I was recently picking up a couple of other NWOBHM 7 inches from a Discogs buyer, because it only makes sense to add more records to your order when you are already paying for overseas shipping.

No comments: