Friday, February 04, 2022

Restraining Warfare

It has been a couple of years since Restraining Order released their album, This World Is Too Much. Man, that album title turned out to be a bit prophetic. When I saw the band live at the end of 2019, they had me pretty amped up to get out for more hardcore shows...and then Covid came through and burned everything to the ground. Hardcore shows have been back for a little while now, but I'm still not feeling too confident about getting out and seeing bands live with kids jumping all over each other. I'll continue to sit them out for a bit longer. Still, Restraining Order have been hitting the road quite a bit as it seems that the band is always heading out for some quick tour. Fuck, I really want to see them again. In the meantime, though, at least the band dropped a couple of new songs on a split 7 inch with a band named Warfare.
Apparently Warfare features Sam from Triple B on vocals, and his label released a 12 inch from the band a few years ago. For one reason or another, I ignored it at the time, but the songs here on this split have made me see how dumb I was to let that first Warfare record get by me. These two songs are great, and I'm definitely going to need more from them.
Obviously, the two Restraining Order songs here are great. Fuck. This band is so good. This split 7 inch was hyped as "the return of fast hardcore", and it delivers on that promise. My only complaint is that it is way too short, clocking in around four and a half minutes total. Give me more.

No comments: