Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Hunter's Moon

I was recently talking with a friend the other day about how crazy the prices are for older Ghost records. The Secular Haze 10 inch single that I bought back in 2013 currently has an average selling price of $90... and that is for the common black vinyl pressing. Kind of makes me wish that I'd bought the Year Zero single around that time as well... and don't even get me started on the original single for Elizabeth... that is a whole other level of insanity. Anyway, the point is that when I heard that Ghost had recorded a song for the Halloween Kills soundtrack, and were releasing the song as 7 inch single, I made sure that I added one to my collection.
With each new Ghost album, I always expect to hate it. I don't know why I'm so hesitant on them because I always come around to their new records, but I always seem to fight against them and then eventually get won over. This single for Hunter's Moon, plus the video for Call Me Little Sunshine, on the other hand, both have me really looking forward to the new Impera album due out later this year. Hopefully the album can build on the excitement of those two songs and deliver something special. I'm really expecting that this new one will hit me hard.
The Hunter's Moon single was pressed on red vinyl for indie stores, and I was happy to grab this from a local Bull Moose store.

No comments: