Sunday, April 04, 2021

Too Mean To Accept

The first few months of 2021 have felt like they have been lacking in new releases. I've been keeping myself busy discovering a bunch of records that I've missed from the past few years, but when it comes to new albums, things seem to have been rather quiet. Maybe it is fallout from lockdowns due to COVID-19, or maybe I just need some patience. Either way, it feels strange to be posting my first new album in April...even though it was actually released in January (shut up about that and just accept that this blog basically runs on a two month backlog).
While I was initially excited about Accept's last album from 2017, The Rise Of Chaos, it never really hooked me like the other three albums in the Mark Tornillo era of the band. It is still some solid metal, but I don't really reach for it very often. Too Mean To Die on the other hand, hits like a ton of bricks right out of the gate. This album feels like it is contantly on the attack as the guitars rip and Tornillo snarls his way through the songs. Absolutely vicious. I had high hopes for Too Mean To Die, but I'm still blown away by how great this record is.
After picking up the Undertaker single at the end of last year, that song had me fired up to check out the new Accept album that was on the way and I immediately placed my preorder. Because it is on Nuclear Blast there are a stupid number of colored vinyl options...I grabbed the gold with swamp green pressing, which doesn't look too bad.

No comments: