Monday, April 26, 2021

Between Earth & Sky

I like to think that I was pretty tuned into what was happening with hardcore back in 2011, but somehow the record from Between Earth & Sky completely passed me by. I don't even remember hearing the name... although to be honest, a name like Between Earth & Sky is pretty forgettable to me. At least I wasn't the only one that was in the dark on this band, as Marcus only just discovered them last year, and his post about them finally put them on my radar.
Greg Bennick from Trial handles the vocals here for Between Earth & Sky, so it is easy to draw comparisons here to Trial... and I love those Trial records so it should be pretty ovbious how much I'm enjoying this record. The lyrics are a bit more "poetic" than Trial's straight forward delivery, but this record still sounds like it could have been pulled from the mid to late 90's.
There were 335 pressed on clear vinyl, and it comes with two stickers, while the blue vinyl was more limited and came with 5 stickers. Sticker collectors take note.

1 comment:

mcs said...

The clear looks better than the blue I think. But at least I got those two extra stickers!